I know that I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year. I have even ordered a whole bunch of books – it’s what I do! I get all excited about a project, order books, search for resources on the Internet, think about it, then don’t do it.
- Write in my blog consistently for all 30 days of NaNoWriMo…
- Put items up on E-Bay that I’ve had made for weeks
- Grade papers (I’m just joking! Who wants to do that?)
- Make one collage per day for 30 days
- Trace one heart ex voto pattern per day for 30 days
- Walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days…
- Write a letter a day for 30 days
Those are just a few things that come to mind. Still, NaNoWriMo is so awesome. They have even come up with a Young Writers Program, complete with “Not Lame” Workbooks and other resources. There is a PDF for elementary, middle, and high school novelists. It would be so cool, but I don’t think my students could handle it. Maybe one day I will try it with a class.
So, this past weekend, I did finish a collage. I am trying out a new adhesive called Yes! – it’s a paste. So far, I like it a lot. I will post pictures later of the finished piece.