So far, I honestly believe that I have not risen until noon or afterward this whole week. Yes, I have gotten up momentarily (to feed the dog and let her out when I could not bully my husband into doing it, to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom, etc.) but I have pretty much gone back to bed after that. Yesterday was an exception: I woke up at 7:30 to accompany my husband to the mechanic to drop his car off for servicing. After breakfast at the Waffle House, we returned home and I went back to bed until sausage/waffle acid reflux woke me up again – then it was time to pick up the car again!
I like to think that I am getting a little bit done when I am awake – I really am a night owl at heart. But, then again, I am on vacation – right? In my head, I make detailed plans – like for cleaning the house. I mentally divide up the house into 7 sections and alot one day per section. Here’s how it goes:
- Day One: Master Bedroom and Bathroom – don’t know if that includes washing and folding clothes yet. Ii just recently got rid of a lot of clothes, so that should help.
- Day Two: Living Room – I have a LOT of stuff in there, as I often drag craft projects up to be more companionable and not stay sequestered in my studio.
- Day Three: The Dining Room – we will never have a bare dining room table, but now it is time to clean off the current detritus and make room for more – there’s also the oriental rug that needs to be turned and re-positioned. This involves moving the table an chairs out, of course.
- Day Four: The Kitchen – I generally try and keep the kitchen clean, despite my husband’s tendency to park dishes right above the empty dishwasher and to never throw his empty cans in the trash. But, I can re-arrange stuff in the fridge and pantry. I can also clean the half-bath where we feed the dog – she is a very sloppy drinker.
- Day Five: My Husband’s Office – if he will let me help him… Generally, he likes for me just to be nearby while he tears his hair out and wonders aloud how it got to be such a mess. He is in charge of cleaning his own bathroom.
- Days Six and Seven: My bottom floor of the house. This includes my studio, the entry way (a spill-over area between the garage and my office), the garage (a huge mess since – well, always – but especially since my husband moved a couple of shelves to make way for plumbing work), and the guest bathroom (the sink is going to be permanently stained with paint, but I try to clean anyway).
I did the living room yesterday, so that leaves six more days. Onward, I say! I have finally finished my four-volume Larry McMurtry saga – the Berrybender Narratives, so I have to find another book on CD. Alternately, there is my new Jesus Christ Superstar Original Recording CD and Season 3 of House to keep me company. I know that I will feel better once I have gotten this all done – hey, I may even have some people over. Who knows?